ABBUC Mitglieder im PLATO System (IRATA.ONLINE)

Moderatoren: Sleeπ, andymanone

Antworten
cas
ABBUC Mitglieder im PLATO System (IRATA.ONLINE)

Beitrag von cas »

Hi,

ich möchte in diesem Thread gerne die Liste der ABBUC Mitglieder im PLATO System von IRATA.ONLINE sammeln.

Ich bin dort erreichbar als

cs/atari
(Benutzer "cs" in der Gruppe "atari")

PLATO könnt ihr vom Atari mit FujiNet, aber auch vom PC/Mac/Linux/xBSD, und auch vom Amiga/AtariST/MS-DOS/C64/Speccy ... erreichen

Erst immer als guest/guest ausprobieren, und dann, wenn es gefällt (und man ein wenig Erfahrung mit dem System hat), unter https://irata.online/ einen Account anfragen.

Man sieht sich im PLATO

Carsten

tschak909
Re: ABBUC Mitglieder im PLATO System (IRATA.ONLINE)

Beitrag von tschak909 »

Glad to see you there!

I am on as thomas cherryhomes / atari

There is decades worth of history inside the PLATO system, many catacombs, especially if you get an author sign-on and can type the name of any lesson in the system, as well as use the development environment. :)

-Thom

cas

Beitrag von cas »

tschak909 hat geschrieben:
27.02.2022 19:15
Glad to see you there!

I am on as thomas cherryhomes / atari

There is decades worth of history inside the PLATO system, many catacombs, especially if you get an author sign-on and can type the name of any lesson in the system, as well as use the development environment. :)

-Thom
PLATO is a fascinating technology. I'm currently reading the book about PLATO ("The friendly organge glow" http://friendlyorangeglow.com/). I will need some time to grasp the system.

@Thom: thanks for making this experience possible

tschak909

Beitrag von tschak909 »

You're most welcome.

That is a fantastic book. It took Brian over a decade to write it (mostly due to the scheer amount of research that had to be pulled together).

I was a user of PLATO contemperaneously, as a small kid, and it was an amazing system. I was glad when CYBER1 came online, and got to use the system again. When Tom Hunter and the Cyber1 team pulled together enough tapes to make a functioning system, I asked for a copy, and built IRATA with the purpose that it would be for all the retrocomputer users.

as an aside: There are roughly two dozen different ports of PLATOTERM to different platforms.

-Thom

Antworten