How to: check, update, obtain

Moderatoren: Sleeπ, andymanone

Antworten
Erhard

Beitrag von Erhard »

Hi,

I have read about several hardware versions with later ones containing hardware patches.

Since I do not want to simply trash my Fujinet and buy a new one I started looking around for some information, but I did not manage to find some stuff:

1) how do I find out the exact hardware version of my pcb? The web UI is telling me "1.1-1.5", but I wouldn't call a range an exact version

2) well, at least it looks like I do not have 1.6. Am I able to implement hardware patches like a resistor for motor control? Is it necessary? Is it advisable? What can happen or does happen without that resistor?

3) the Fujinet provides features like internet access via the N: handler. But how do I get that N: handler? Is there some tool disk? I did not find any at https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/fujinet-platformio/wiki or https://fujinet.online/download/

Cheers, Erhard

tschak909
Re: How to: check, update, obtain

Beitrag von tschak909 »

The hardware fixes are primarily improvements to work alongside existing SIO devices. These are changes that affect less than 1% of the available FujiNet users, and you most likely don't need them.

It's important to note, that while there are hardware fixes that happen, the core platform remains exactly the same: FujiNet is all about the firmware, and the same firmware can work on a variety of different hardware designs and provide precisely the same functions. This is something we are trying very hard to maintain as time goes on.

The cassette pull-down resistor was added while 1.0 was in production, so you do not need it. Cassette motor control should work just fine, for you. If the resistor isn't available, then the FujiNet does not receive the signal from the MOTOR line indicating that the "virtual tape" should be switched on.

-Thom

Erhard

Beitrag von Erhard »

Hi Thom,

tschak909 hat geschrieben:
20.03.2022 17:20
This is something we are trying very hard to maintain as time goes on.
I already had the impression that great work is done.

Thanks a lot for telling that I do not need to implement patches myself and what the motor on signal resistor is for.

Maybe I can help as well: I had disturbances on the Atari's screen when the device is busy. So I attached a 470 uF / 10V capacitor in the cart directly to SIO Vcc and Gnd. The disturbances are gone and the wireless connection seems to be more stable somehow (maybe due to no more voltage drop spikes).

Best, Erhard

tschak909
Re: How to: check, update, obtain

Beitrag von tschak909 »

I have passed this information on to @mozzwald, the hardware engineer. :)

-Thom

Antworten