Diskimages erstellen und vom Web-Interface auf den PC ziehen?

Moderatoren: Sleeπ, andymanone

Antworten
Sleeπ

Beitrag von Sleeπ »

Hi,

kann ich mit dem Fujinet selbst bzw. dem Webinterface ein leeres Diskimage (ATR) erstellen, welches ich direkt in einen der Fujinet-Drive-Slots einlegen kann?

Hintergrund: Ich möchte ein Turbo-Basic-Program, welches sich auf einer CF-Karte (Side bzw. CF3-Adapter) befindet, vom ATARI direkt auf ein eigenes ATR (auf dem Fujinet) speichern, welches ich dann mit dem Fujinet-Webinterface direkt auf dem PC habe und von dort aus per E-Mail verschicken möchte.

Das war zumindest meine Idee. :-)

---

Hi,

can I create an empty disk image (ATR) with the Fujinet itself resp. the webinterface, which I can insert directly into one of the Fujinet drive slots?

Background: I want to save a Turbo-Basic program, which is on a CF card (Side or CF3 adapter), from the ATARI directly to an own ATR (on the Fujinet), which I then want to have directly on the PC with the Fujinet webinterface and send it from there by e-mail.

That was at least my idea. :-)

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Sleeπ

tschak909
Re: Diskimages erstellen und vom Web-Interface auf den PC ziehen?

Beitrag von tschak909 »

Not yet. It would be a good thing to add though. :)

-Thom

800XL

Beitrag von 800XL »

Hi Sleeπ,

ein leeres ATR lässt sich am Atari über FujiNet derzeit nur auf der SD-Karte erzeugen - korrigiere mich bitte, falls ich dabei in der Entwicklung was verpasst habe.

Bei mir zuhause läuft ein Raspberry 3A+ als TNFS-Server. Auf dem Samba-Share liegen mehrere leere ATRs, die ich bei Bedarf über das FujiNet mounten kann. Als "writable" gemounted sind sie auch vom Atari aus beschreibbar.
Vom PC aus greife ich per Samba-Share darauf zu und kann die Images von dort bequem weiterkopieren und anderweitig verwenden.

Vielleicht ist das für Dich ein interessanter Workaround?

MichaG

Beitrag von MichaG »

Du musst nicht gleich einen Raspberry mit kompletten Server aufsetzen. Du kannst auch auf deinem Windows-PC mit ganz wenig Aufwand einen kleinen Server starten.

1. Lade dir tnfsd.exe und speichere es z.B. nach c:\tnfsd
2. Erstelle dir ein Fujinet-Verzeichnis, z.B. c:\FujiNet
3. Erstelle eine Datei "fujinet.bat" mit dem Inhalt

Code: Alles auswählen

c:\tnfsd\tnfsd.exe c:\FujiNet\
4. Starte "fujinet.bat" und lasse das erscheinende Fenster offen
5. Suche im FujiNet-Config deinen PC (über IP oder Rechnernamen)

Du kannst jetzt in dein FujiNet-Verzeichnis ATRs ablegen und auf diese vom Atari aus zugreifen und umgekehrt.
ABBUC-Mitglied aus den 90ern/frühen 2000ern
Ex-WAF und Regionalgruppe Thüringen

800XL

Beitrag von 800XL »

Natürlich muss man keinen Raspberry verwenden, auch andere Wege führen nach Rom - wie Dein Beispiel-Setup gut bewiesen hat.
Danke an dieser Stelle für den ausführlichen Tip!

Das Setup am Raspberry ist nicht nur Linux-Spezialisten vorbehalten, das sollte man auch erwähnen - dafür gibt es hier ein vorgefertigtes Image:
https://atari8bit.net/download/fujinet- ... ver-image/

Erhard

Beitrag von Erhard »

Hi,

tschak909 hat geschrieben:
14.10.2021 21:11
Not yet. It would be a good thing to add though.
there are quite some useful SIO commands built into APE among which are swapping two drives and creating an ATR (with or without mounting it).

I guess I can provide information about some of those commands. At least I have written a MAKEATR version for SpartaDOS and I guess MOUNT and UNMOUNT.

Maybe it would be a good idea not to reinvent the wheel but use an existing command set?

Kind regards, Erhard

tschak909

Beitrag von tschak909 »

I can work with you to show how the firmware can be extended, either to add new devices or commands.

-Thom

Erhard

Beitrag von Erhard »

Hi Thom,

(silly me ...)

because I heard of some N: device and handler for FujiNet I thought there must be some tools, so I started looking around.

Since I find github quite confusing I missed things in the first try.

Following some advice from Hias I managed to find the start page for FujiNet on github and hence a folder containing tools for the Atari.

So I started downloading tool by tool wich cost 5 clicks per tool, so 155 mouse clicks in total.

Then I tried the doc files and always got landed on a page where I could copy and paste the text from the doc from some line (but no file download) and hence started shouting swear words about github.

Only then I noticed that there was an archive-file containing everything ready to download on the top page. Any question? (Just to show how stupid I may be).

Then I took some glance at the tools and I noticed, that a tool to create disk images (from the Atari running a CLI DOS) already exists, and so do a lot of other tools.

800XL hat geschrieben:
27.02.2022 13:01
ein leeres ATR lässt sich am Atari über FujiNet derzeit nur auf der SD-Karte erzeugen
(an empty ATR only can be created on the SD card)

Well, I am not sure if this is the truth. Public servers will be write protected. And there is some part in the TNFS setup instructions that tells how to set read-only permissions for tnfsd.exe.

Taking a glance at FNEW.DOC we can see:

COMMAND LINE:
FNEW <ds#> <hs#> <ns> <ss> <fname>

PARAMETERS:
<ds#> The device slot (1-8)
<hs#> The host slot (1-8)
<ns> # of sectors (1-65535)
<ss> Sector size (128 or 256)
<filename> The image filename.

So I guess creating a new disk image on a TNFS server is supported and will work unless the server is running read-only, is it?

tschak909 hat geschrieben:
20.03.2022 20:37
I can work with you to show how the firmware can be extended, either to add new devices or commands.
Thanks a lot for that kind offer of yours. I can only program in BASIC, a bit of ACTION! and 65(C)02 assembler and I do not have any knowledge either in programming on the PC or non-6502 processors.

Maybe I will find some time to jump into this when I retire, but that will take another half decade.

Kind regards, Erhard

tschak909

Beitrag von tschak909 »

The latest build of the fnc-tools can be found on the atari-apps.irata.online server, in the root directory.

-Thom

Antworten