von Mathy
19.07.2023 18:10
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MIDI Remote - ABBUC Hardware Competition

Hello PeBe

PeBe hat geschrieben:
19.07.2023 17:46
Available connectors: MIDI-In, MIDI-Out, SIO (in the form of DB9 socket - I had one).
Sikor is selling injection moulded SIO connectors. BTW two connectors would be even better. :mrgreen:

Sincerely

Mathy
von Mathy
20.07.2023 21:09
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hello PeBe

That looks very nice already. But wouldn't it be easier to remove the SIO plugs from the SIO connectors if the connectors would be next to each other instead of over each other?

Sincerely

Mathy
von Mathy
20.07.2023 22:06
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hello PeBe

Sound great! (No pun intended)

Sincerely

Mathy
von pancio
21.07.2023 12:49
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MIDIcar – independent, easy to use MIDI player/recorder

Just a small update from MIDIcar project... Our colleague KKRYS made very complex and looks good case for Atari 800XL computer: IMG_20230721_121302936.jpg IMG_20230721_121307451.jpg IMG_20230721_121319114_HDR.jpg IMG_20230721_121543215.jpg IMG_20230721_121552910.jpg IMG_20230721_121607299.jpg IMG_20...
von pancio
21.07.2023 13:00
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey Pancio: You once wrote this: (...) According to features.... there is no possible to use MIDIcar in duplex mode because MC6850 has only one common send/receive register. I'm thinking about using DACIA chip (R65C52) but I'm not sure it's required by more than a few people :-) we will see. (...) ...
von pancio
25.07.2023 18:33
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I seen PeBe's MIDI Remote in action during development... it's amazing and equipped with many features. I'm not fairy but I can see (without crystal ball!) many many new modern, interesting things to do with MIDI Remote :-)

Best Regards,
pancio
von pancio
09.09.2023 13:42
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi, I sent PM to you but general... MCPlayer working under SpartaDosX in X mode (to avoid address conflict with SDX). When you start under SDX, just run MCP like: X MCP158.COM or X MCP158.COM /AD580 - address shall be the same as set on jumpers. First method using autodetect for MC, second given add...
von pancio
09.09.2023 14:14
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi,

Just a short movie how to run MCP under SDX loaded from AVG cart:
simplescreenrecorder-2023-09-09_14.12.04.mp4
von pancio
09.09.2023 18:02
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great!

I hope, a few challenges are not made your opinion bad :-) You should to know, work with many MIDI files needs more than easy DOS - maybe you will change mind after while, regarding to SDX...

Best Regards,
pancio
von patjomki
09.09.2023 19:00
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: MIDICar Player

The software is running fine with my Midi Car but there are some midi files that are not played perfectly.

Here is an example where some channels are missing.
THUNDER.zip
von patjomki
09.09.2023 19:43
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For misplayed MIDs, please very much describe what is happening - slowed playback, bad sounds, etc. Seem that the bug was between my ears. I can confirm that the above file plays well. Thought a channel was missing but that is not the case. Apologies! :shock: Edit: Feature request. Would it be poss...
von pancio
10.09.2023 07:59
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

PeBe hat geschrieben:
09.09.2023 20:27

- I'm not the best programmer in the world :) and I do all the programming myself, as part of the Fun
You are!
von patjomki
26.09.2023 22:27
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyway, check only on the non-working computer (800XL) ... At this point, only address conflicts come to mind. With this procedure the solution was simple. It hasn't been an address conflict but the 5V modification was only done on Pin47 of the pbi bus (only got the information today). Due to the f...
von pancio
30.09.2023 10:48
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi MIDI freaks! I would like to introduce new version of MIDIcar device called MIDIcarSDX . It's combine MIDIcar, MaxFlash128+ and SDX. Due to this combination, MDIcar is ready to work immediately after switching on, and the program necessary for MIDI playback is available on the CAR device paired w...
von Montezuma
08.10.2023 10:25
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I really love the MIDICar Player.
I do have MIDICar XE from Pancio, but I was very happy to discover that there is a MIDIMate driver available.
This way I can use the player on my 1088XEL with MIDI XEL II and DREAMBLASTER S2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYVlFHROBvE
von Montezuma
11.10.2023 09:31
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here is a solution for other users who are not familiar with SDX (like me). I assume that the first HDD partition (configured with FDISK) is D3. Copy original CONFIG.SYS from CAR to D3: D3: TYPE CAR:CONFIG.SYS >>CONFIG.SYS Edit the file D3: ED CONFIG.SYS Delete the line: DEVICE RAMDISK In U1MB menu,...
von andymanone
29.10.2023 12:09
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ABBUC Hardwarewettbewerb 2023 eröffnet! - Die Ergebnisse !

. Der ABBUC Soft- und Hardwarewettbewerb 2023 war wieder ein voller Erfolg! Es gab 14 tolle Einreichungen im Bereich Software und 3 spannende Hardwareprojekte! Soweit ich das sehe, hatten wir in diesem Jahr - mit insgesamt 80 Mitgliedern - eine Rekordbeteiligung bei den Abstimmungen 8-) ! Vielen Da...
von pancio
29.10.2023 12:16
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ABBUC Hardwarewettbewerb 2023 eröffnet!

Hi Voters!

Many thanks for your trust and vote for my project. I am very pleasantly surprised :-) Of course, all information about the project will be available on my website. If you are interested in building your own toolkit, contact me - I have some free PCBs :-)

Thank you very much once again!
von Montezuma
29.10.2023 12:28
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hello guys It really sucks that MIDICar player is "SpartaDos only". This makes it a lot less interesting for me. Sincerely Mathy It works also with MyDOS :geek: I've IDE Plus2.0F version (CF card) which is equipped with SDX... but I can try to use MyDOS. Is possible to start MyDOS directl...
von andymanone
17.11.2023 23:07
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Atari VCS 2600+

Bei mir ist das VCS 2600+ auch angekommen. Ausgepackt wird aber erst am WE. Kannst ja mal was zu der Game Station erzählen. Am besten in einem eigenen Beitrag. Gruß Wolfgang Ja, mache ich ;) ... Es gibt z.Z.t in meiner Familie leider ein paar gesundheitliche Themen, darum sind die beiden Konsolen a...
von pancio
04.12.2023 21:27
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi, Today PeBe solved problem with MCP which is installed directly on SDX CAR flash memory. From today using MC is so easy! Just plug MC to CART/ECI, turn your ATARI and enjoy music! Thank you PeBe! MIDIcarSDX.jpeg Now PeBe is working with some very usefully features on his player. I will say more s...
von pancio
10.02.2024 08:17
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi, I would like to update anyone interested in MIDIcar development... I decided to make new version which will be universal for XL and XE series (600XL include). Additionally, universal mezzanine board for other projects was made (called PBIvo for PBI, and XEvo or XAvo :-) for CART/ECI - in develop...
von skr
11.02.2024 11:13
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I would like to say that anyone can download the schematic, PCB design (Gerber files) for each version presented and make it themselves, without any restrictions (except for commercial sale). If you are willing to cooperate, do not hesitate and contact me :-) I can´t find the files, but would love ...
von pancio
01.03.2024 13:10
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hi,

I prepared MIDIcar version for 1090XL extension. If we have almost one user in UE which is interested to test it I'll order PCB for it... Source files are available on my page.

BR,
pancio
von skr
01.03.2024 18:23
Jump to forum
Jump to topic

patjomki hat geschrieben:
09.09.2023 12:12
Can anyone help?
Yes. I´m preparing two disks which I will upload to my ABBUC-tnfs tomorrow. Still have to sort out some defective/not well working MIDI Files. Stay tuned.